Work efficiently and confidently
Each featuring an integrated transfer chair, Malibu® and Sovereign® bathing and wellness solutions enable you to make the benefits of bathing available to a broad spectrum of residents while simplifying transfers within the bathroom.
The Malibu provides a good environment for assisted bathing, as well as helping a lot of residents/patients to regain their independence in the bathroom.
Making tasks easier and safer
Assisted bathing is safe and comfortable with the Malibu, as the seat transfer unit eliminates the need for manual lifting - which reduces the risk of back injuries - and the whole procedure is operated via the handheld control unit. With the height-adjustable module, the bath can always be adjusted to an ergonomically correct working height.
Improving care and efficiency
A single caregiver can efficiently carry out assisted bathing routines alone. The fixed height bath/seat transfer configuration makes safe, independent bathing available to a wider range of residents/patients, thereby freeing up caregivers for other duties.
Depending on the resident’s/patient's mobility level, a standing and raising aid (Sara® 3000 or Sara® Plus) or sling lift (MaxiMove®, Maxi Twin®) is an integral part of the optimum transfer solution.
- Ergonomic working methods
- No manual lifting
- Simple-to-operate system
- Handheld control unit
- Improved working environment
- Access solutions optimised for personal mobility levels
- Familiar system can be adapted as needs change
- Safe, dignified handling during assisted sessions
- A complete solution that minimises transfers
- Greater comfort and security for more enjoyable bathing
- Emergency stop - efficient and easy-to-use emergency stop for immediately halting all functions.
- Control panel - provides simple control of functions such as the air spa and raising/lowering of the bath.
- Height adjustable.
- Handheld control unit - controls all functions for lifting in/out.
- Transfer chair - an integrated solution for safe transportation, toileting, bath transfers and bathing.
- Disinfection - an integrated disinfection system with built-in disinfectant spray handle.
- Shower handle - shower handle with adjustable spray for hard or soft flow.
- Belts - adjustable belts for secure and comfortable use of the transfer chair.
- Options include commode or reclining comfort seat and fixed or dockable seat with wheeled chassis for transportation.
The Malibu™ covers all aspects of the assisted bathing cycle – transportation, transfers and the bathing session – with solutions adapted for individual mobility levels.
Measurements and weights
|Bath length||1600/1700 mm (63"/67")|
|Bath width||765 mm (30 1/8")|
|Bath volume 1600 (full, without resident/patient)||237 L (62 gal (US))|
|Bath volume 1700 (full, without resident/patient)||256 L (67 gal (US))|
|Lifting stroke (bath)||300 mm (11 3/4")|
|Max lifting capacity bath (resident/patient + water)||386 kg (851 lbs)|
|Patient lift||(overall Max height 1950 mm (76 3/4")|
|Lifting stroke||(lift arm) 530 mm (21")|
|Safe working load (resident/patient weight)||130 kg (286 lbs)|
|Complies with EN 1717 Protection against pollution |
of potable water in water installations
|IEC 60601-1, IEC 60601-2|
- Optional integrated disinfection with built-in spring handle.
- Auto disinfection for the air spa
- Detachable chair
- Remote control for increased flexibility
- Built-in shower pump system reduces the need for shower pole
- Electronic scalding protection
- Autofill function for an efficient bathing cycle
- Emergency stop for immediately halting all functions
- Chassis for detachable chair, used for transfer to/from bathroom and toilet visits
- Power rotation to ensure the resident/patient can easily get in and out of the bath unassisted or with minimal strain for the caregiver
- Optional integrated water controls for thermostatic filling and showering
- Optional disinfection system for backflush of air spa jet
- Built-in battery back-up safety system, in the event of power failure to allow the bath to be raised and lowered and the lift to be operated, in order to extract the resident/patient from the bath
- Bath made from Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) for maximum strength and durability
- Supplied with pop-up waste drain, overflow and waste trap
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.