Trusted DVT prevention device for simplicity and excellent patient comfort
Flowtron® Excel is a clinically proven, effective, non-invasive, mechanical prophylaxis system designed to reduce the incidence of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
It has been designed to provide calf and/or thigh compression and can be used in dual or single leg mode, providing choice and flexibility. Clear audible and visual alarm indicators assure that the pump is delivering the correct pressure at all times.
The Flowtron Excel is suitable for DVT prophylaxis in acute care settings, in the pre, intra, and post-surgery phases, as monotherapy or when combined with a pharmacological agent.
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischaemic vascular diseases.
- Known or suspected acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) or phlebitis.
- Severe Congestive Cardiac Failure (CCF) or any condition where an increase of fluid to the heart may be detrimental.
- Pulmonary Embolism (PE).
- Any local condition with which garments would interfere, for example gangrene, untreated, infected leg wounds, recent skin grafts, dermatitis.
- Local regulations may apply.