One pump – one system
The Flowtron ACS800 + Tri Pulse will give you the confidence and security that the system will help prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), improve patient outcomes and reduce the costs involved in diagnosing and treating Venous Thromboembolism (VTE)
The Flowtron ACS800 + Tri Pulse system provides a complete solution to meet all Intermittent Pneumatic Compression requirements. One pump will deliver uniform or sequential compression therapy options at the press of a button.
Whether calf, calf&thigh, foot or a combination of compression therapies is required, the unique SmartSense™ auto garment recognition technology incorporated in the Flowtron ACS800+ Tri Pulse will automatically detect the attached garments and supply the correct pressure.
Clear audible and visual alarm indicators will assure you that the pump is delivering the correct pressure at all times.
The integrated battery provides uninterrupted compression therapy and the patient compliance meter records how long the patient has received Intermittent Pneumatic Compression to help ensure that the correct prescription has been provided
The Flowtron ACS800 + Tri Pulse complies with international guidelines, for example:
Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9TH ed: ACCP Guidelines which state, “We recommend the use of only portable, battery-powered devices capable of recording and reporting proper wear time on a daily basis for inpatients and outpatients. Efforts should be made to achieve 18 hours of daily compliance.” (1)
1. Falck-Ytter Y, Francis CW, et al. Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th edition: ACCP Evidence Based Clinical Practice Guidelines: Prevention of VTE in Orthopedic Surgery Patients. Chest; 141:2 , Feb 2012 Supplement.
Protocols for use
The Flowtron ACS800 + Tri Pulse is suitable for DVT prevention in acute care environments, in the pre-, intra-, and post-surgery phases, as monotherapy or when combined with a pharmacological method.
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular diseases.
- Severe congestive cardiac failure or any condition where an increase of fluid to the heart may be detrimental.
- Known or suspected acute DVT, thrombophlebitis or Pulmonary Embolism (PE).
- Any local condition that the garment could disturb, including: gangrene, a recent skin graft, dermatitis or untreated, infected leg wounds.
If in doubt, contact the patient’s physician before using the product.